Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rant of the week: Politics

I hate talking politics. I have avoided talking politics since I was a kid and my family fought every holiday over Democrats vs. Republicans. Lately, however, I find myself in a political frenzy. With the downgrade, the stock crash, etc. I realize how important it is to talk about it. Enlighten people. The latter is the hardest.

I'm a researcher, by nature and by career, and I research everything I have an opinion about. I find it absurd people talk politics and have no idea what they are talking about. They watch one news source, they believe what they are told. Freedom of speech means people can spin whatever news they want. It's been proven time and again.

People wonder why our government is falling apart. These people get into office because people don't do their research before voting for them. People complain about taxes, but then complain about a credit downgrade. Make up your mind! You can't have both. You have to pay for our government. We can say all we want about them "working for free" but would you? I do agree that they need to abide by the same rules that we do. Not working, no paycheck. The benefit of being a politician goes way beyond permanent payment! If that is why our politicians are in office, then they don't have our best interests at heart and shouldn't be in office in the first place.

Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment